Thursday, May 2, 2013

Student Reflection - Gillian

Teaching Day 3

Where do I begin? As my students in America would say, today I was an "epic boss" when it came to teaching. All of my lessons went well and aided to growth as a teacher. I would like to discuss in depth my lesson with Ms. Pat who teaches the Form 2 Students. 

This lesson was all about preparation. Teaching 90 minute sessions can seem overwhelming but as I've learned with my teaching experience in the Teacher Certification Program at the University of Louisville, you rather over-plan then under-plan. When I say I over-planned, boy I had activities and problems for days. Most of the preparation came in play the night before where I created foldables for the students to use during the class where they would explicitly describe how to solve equations for "y" when there was a coefficent in front of it. 

All in all, the experiences I've had thus far in the Teacher Certification Program at UofL have thoroughly prepared me for any teaching situation that I may encounter. The program at U of L taught me how to be adaptable, creative, rigorous, and innovative with all my lessons. This has definitely paid off and has shown true with my experiences here with the teachers and students at Georgetown Technical High School in Belize. I hope everyone has gotten just as much as me out of our time here. Thank you Belize for the great experiences and memories. 

No comments:

Post a Comment