Sunday, April 28, 2013

Student Reflections - Tyler

What a day! We have been up and going and having a great time. Xunantunich was absolutely beautiful. We were lucky enough to see a bit of the wildlife too, as a troop of howler monkeys had posted up in the trees at the base of the ruins. But I really thought the most special part of the evening was the meal with the teachers. Even 1600 miles from Louisville, teaching is still teaching. The teachers here struggle with the same issues in the class and outside of it. How do I keep my students engaged? How important should merit be to teacher's pay? How can I improve my teaching strategies?  It was really incredible to sit with other educational professionals from a different part of the world and still see their eyes light up when they talk about their students. We are all excited to get started tomorrow in the schools and to finally meet our students.

No comments:

Post a Comment